The words just don't sound right! When I look in the mirror, there are a few changes, but inside I feel the same. Since my life is more than half over, it is only natural to reflect on my life, what I have accomplished and what I hope to accomplish before its over. Although I do have regrets, I know that I would only be wasting time on the subject because I can only move forward and do better , I can't change the past.
Things in my life that give it meaning:
- Married for 30 years to a kind, funny, caring husband
- 4 daughters that continue to amaze me
- 3 wonderful son-in-laws
- 4 beautiful, smart grandchildren and 2 more on the way
- Friends, both old and new, that support me
- Bachelors degree in nursing, working on masters
- Work that is interesting, challenging and meaningful
- Music that enriches and fulfills an important need
- Trials and obstacles that challenge me to focus on what is really important
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
2 comments:
Beautifully said. What will life be like in the next 10, 20, or maybe even 40 years? You will make the best of it whatever may come your way! Love ya!
Hi Miriam,
Was July 5th your birthday? It was mine.. but I am not an old lady yet.. just 46.. getting there tho... not as accomplished as you. :)
Do you remember that I met you as your visiting teacher... and here we are 15 years later blogging...your family is beautiful.
Post a Comment