David says this is his favorite picture of Kim. It is kind of morbid but it was our first sign that she had normal brain function. She is just waking up from surgery after 6 hours. She hasn't even opened her eyes. She is trying to pull her tubes out so her hands are restrained by the nurse. She mouths that she wants to write. So here she is: intubated, restrained and writing her thoughts.
"Poor Mom and Dad"
"Can I have this tube out for just a second"
"My back isn't broken?"
" I feel so bad for Scott"
"I love you"
It was at this moment that we knew that our miracle had occured, that against all odds she had normal brain function.
3 comments:
I am so glad that she is doing so much better That is a pretty hard to look at, I cannot imagine what everyone was going through!! Our prayers are still with you, and for a speedy recovery. Kim is a remarkable woman, thank heavens for miracles and prayers!~
Thank you for sharing Kim's updates with us. This has truly been a Christmas miracle that has touched my heart.
Indeed what a miracle it has been. So thankful that she is here with us still and doing so remarkable. All our prayers have been answered this holiday season.
Post a Comment