My month of crisis continues. Although Kimberlee continues to grow stronger and stronger, I have to return to the crisis in my life that took a back seat. My youngest daughter, Kiersten, is moving to Australia.
Kiersten turns 20 years old today. She had eye surgery yesterday for vision correction and today she is on the couch recovering. At least I get to have her at home:) But I only get to have her until the 14th of January when she leaves for Australia. If you have any questions about why she is leaving, just check out the picture. Self-explanatory.
Since David has been working in Tucson, we were home alone. After Kiersten's surgery we brought home In-and-Out Burgers, rented a bunch of chick flicks and proceeded to watch 3 movies in a row on my bed. I'm sure this was the last time my daughter will fall asleep in her parents bed. It was a tender mercy for a mother mourning the loss of her youngest.
I know we raise them to leave (I've done it 3 other times) but I didn't imagine the last one would be this painful. The good news is I have faith in Kiersten's ability to make good decisions. And just as her sisters have chosen well, she will also.
6 comments:
I noticed the time you wrote this post--the wee hours of morning, the time when all mothers grieve about their children. I feel your pain, but you are so right, Kiersten will make good choices. She is one of the most compassionate and charitable people I know.
Austrailia?? Wow!! I hope to someday miss my boys...today would have been a nice day to miss them. I joke about the aticipation of their missions, and the dances of joy I will do when they are gone. Truth be told, I can barely stand to be away from them now. I know the day will come all too soon, when I truely miss their elephant thunderings! I am still looking forward to school starting on Monday.
Australia is a long way away. Wow!!! I don't know if I could let her go or I'd have to go too. :) My youngest is 20 also and she has been on her own living away from home for about 1 1/2 years (not as far away as Australia - just in California) and it was really hard on me too at first but with time it has gotten better. I'm sure that the Lord will bless her and guide her way.
THe New Year is starting off great, isn't it?
Boys, they are such trouble aren't they!! I'm not looking forward to those days with Emma.
Miriam, you're breaking my heart! Lately I can't stop thinking about how fast my girls are growing up (and it's usually in the wee hours of the morning - so true Aunt Linda!)
XOX, Stephanie
Post a Comment