Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Years Resolutions


Yes, I realize its February. Where did January go? David and I completed our 2012 Family Goals and Priorities. Our categories included
  • Physical
  • Financial
  • Spiritual
  • Family priorities
  • Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly
Using our time wisely is such an important lesson we learn in this life. The eight chapter of Preach My Gospel focuses enirely on the wise use of time.

Elder Ian S. Ardern of the Seventy gave a talk in October General Conference on A Time to Prepare. In it he says that "the poor use of time is a close cousin of idleness. As we follow the command to "cease to be idle" (D&C 88:124), we must be sure that being busy also equates to being productive. "

Using my time wisely will be a lifelong journey in learning to balance family, work, wholesome recreational activities and serving the Lord.

2 comments:

Kim Krok said...

I love that post. Thank you for the inspiration!

The Glenns said...

Time to get out the Preach My Gospel manual. Thanks for the wisdom. I need it :)