
I have been struggling with relationships at work for the last 6 months. The more I tried to change others, the worse I felt. After a confrontation with my supervisor, I decided that I was the one that had to change. After much thought and prayer, I felt inspired to study the scriptures related to CHARITY. Here are a few that really applied to me:
And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. (1 Peter 4:8)
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail— (Moroni 7:46)
Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness. (Ether 12:28)
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. (1 Corintians 13:3)
But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. (Moroni 7:47)
YES! This was my weakness! I needed to look at my supervisors as Christ looks at them. I needed to be much more patient and humble. Without showing a Christlike love, nothing else would matter. If I could have charity, all would be well.
The interesting thing is, as soon as I identified that this was MY problem, all my angst diminished. I no longer felt a heavy burden going to work. By changing myself, instead of trying to change others, I felt a peace.
Another great thing that occurred is that I had a couple of really spiritual experiences while taking care of patients this last month. I don't think I would have had them in my previous state of mind. I was able to focus on loving people the way Christ would have me do.
Its easy to show charity to those that are kind in return. Now I know that I can have charity regardless of the situation. Its amazing what can happen when you apply the scriptures to your life!
2 comments:
Thanks for the uplifting message! You are such an inspiration Mom!
Thanks for sharing this blog about Charity, I'm sorry that things had not been good at work and that you had to go through that final confrontation, but hopefully it is now just that, final.
It so true, we can't force change in others to suit us, we can only look at them differently, like Christ and learn to love and understand them as he does.
Post a Comment