
It was such a privilege to visit the Gila Valley Temple last weekend. David was out of town on a golf trip so I took my friend Ginger with me.
We started the day by having lunch with Julie Goodman. She is married to my brother Tony. I just love her candid spirit and the love she has for people! She is a great example of the pure love of Christ.
Next we had tickets to the annual Eastern Arizona College Choirs Spring Sing. This was 2 hours of beautiful music, both fun and spiritual. My sister Ramona played the piano for most of it and her daughter Jaron sang and danced! It set a wonderful spirit and tone before we went to the temple open house.
Next we went to the temple. First we watched a short video presentation at the Stake center next to the temple. We were then escorted through each room of the temple including the baptismal font, dressing rooms, sealing rooms and ordinance rooms. The spirit was so strong and the beauty and simplicity of the temple was amazing. We were then escorted back to the stake center for refreshments and some beautiful displays.
On our way out of town we visited my brother Tony and his children. They are such a great family and always make me feel so loved.
I came home from the trip feeling spiritually fed and filled. Good thing, because there was a message on my answering machine from my Bishop asking me to meet with him at 7am the next morning. I was called to the Relief Society Presidency! I am so excited for my new calling and to be of service! The president is Jan DeWitt. Ironically she is the mother of Kiersten's best friend, McKenna. I am so looking forward to working with her.
3 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the valley! It was so nice to see you and Ginger at Spring Sing!
Sounds like such a fun day. That temple reminds me our temple here in Rexburg. Oh and congrats on your new calling.
We loved the temple as well. So excited. And congrats on the new calling. You will be awesome:)
Post a Comment